Support

Support the artists!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome



Hello Everyone!
I am foozy! :) this is my blog and that is the name I have chosen to call myself :)
I hail from Miami, Fl. The city that millions flock to for 2-3 weeks of the year and go back home after wards..and for good reason too. But this blog is not about my hometown. It is about me, more or less, more so about the music that I drown myself in. And it is all for my friends. As you may or may not know, I have a music collection of over 1,000,000 songs. All gathered through legal channels of course. Whether they are vinyl, cassette, or digital. If it exists and It has caught my attention then I own it. For a long time, a VERY long time, I thought exclusivity made the music more enticing somehow. The fact that it took me 7 years to track down a song/album would have me bursting with pride when I'd finally obtain it. And this was fine, except I would be hesitant to share the music. I felt entitled. It had taken me seven years to get this album, why should I share it with others? If they want it they should invest as much time as I have.... that was the thought process for many years. Recently though this has all changed. I have come to realize this after coming across a surprisingly large amount of people with a similar breadth of musical taste as myself...there's nothing like singing along to an obscure song with a complete stranger. I have also realized that exclusivity is rather pompous and fucking retarded. The artists don't make the music so a few greedy pricks can listen to their albums and feel like they are the true supporters of said artist, they make music so that people may enjoy it. And the more the better! And thus I have created this blog, to share with my friends(present and future), enlighten the masses, and SUPPORT THE ARTISTS!!!

Hope you enjoy!
Foozy

P.S:
Just to be upfront about this, I will NOT be posting links on this blog to media hosting websites. NO!
I WILL however, whenever possible, be posting links to where said artists music can be sampled/purchased, like they're myspace or amazon music.

P.P.S: i may or may not be posting links to other blogs which may or may not have links to media hosting websites. i am not responsible for what is posted on other blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment